We can’t wait to meet you all at our first national Women in Media conference at Bond University and The Star Gold Coast on October 27 and 28. Here is a handy guide with all the information you will need to make the most of the experience.
Getting to Bond University
The conference will be held at the Basil Sellers Theatre at Bond University.
Travelling from Brisbane
- Follow the Pacific Highway past Nerang and Mudgeeraba to the Robina Parkway Road exit (Exit 82) to Robina Town Centre and signs posted ‘Bond University
- Take the Robina Parkway Road past the town centre until you come to traffic lights at Cheltenham Drive
- Turn right at the lights and follow Cheltenham Drive through the next roundabout onto Cottesloe
- Drive until you come to University Drive on your right (about 1.5km from Robina Parkway Road)
- Turn right onto University Drive
Travelling from Coolangatta Airport or from NSW by road
- Take the Gold Coast Highway exit (next to Coolangatta airport) and head north towards Surfers Paradise
- Continue for about 2.5kms to Tugun where the Pacific Hwy meets the Gold Coast Highway. Either use Route 1 or Route 2 described below
Route 1: The Inland Route
- Turn left onto the Pacific Highway at Tugun
- Continue along the highway past Elanora, Tallebudgera, Burleigh West, and Reedy Creek exits to the Robina Parkway Road exit signposted with ‘Bond University’
- Take this exit and follow instructions 2‐4 from the Brisbane route
The Foreshore Route
- Continue north past Tugun on the Gold Coast Highway through Currumbin, Palm Beach, Burleigh and Miami
- At Miami State High School turn left at the traffic lights into Pacific Avenue for approximately 1km to Oceanic Drive
- Turn left into Oceanic Drive (at the traffic lights) and head west to Cottesloe Drive (over a small bridge)
- Continue along Cottesloe through traffic lights at Bermuda Street onto University Drive where you turn left again
Getting to The Star Gold Coast
The Saturday lunch will be held at The Star Gold Coast.
Where is it?
The Star Gold Coast is located at Broadbeach, just half an hour from the Gold Coast Airport at Coolangatta or a 90-minute drive from Brisbane. The street address is Broadbeach Island, Broadbeach.
From the airport
Coach services, limousines and buses provide transfers from Coolangatta and Brisbane Airports.
Driving and parking at The Star
The Star Gold Coast offers a secure, undercover car park to all guests using the facilities. Access to the carpark is via Hooker Boulevard/Nerang-Broadbeach Rd or the Gold Coast Highway and T E Peters Drive. Please note we have limited parking facilities available for high vehicles (over 1.95m.
Catching the tram
G:Link trams run every 7.5 minutes weekdays and 10 minutes on the weekend between 7am and 7pm. The closest stop is Broadbeach North then a short stroll to The Star.
Where to stay?
The Star Gold Coast is a major sponsor of the Women in Media conference.
Need to fly in?
The Flight Centre is the major travel sponsor of the conference. Visit here if you need help making travel plans.
Find us on social